Skip to content
- First, get rid of brake dust. Brake dust bonds to surfaces and must be removed with cleaner. The particles can rust and corrode, which will potentially damage your wheels.
- Steel rims are the most basic form of rim available. They are typically coated black, covered by a hubcap, strong and cheap compared to other alternatives. The most popular rim used today is made from Aluminum Alloy due to its versatility. It’s much lighter than steel, looks better, and is better performing. Choose the wheel cleaners that match your materials and situation. Make sure the cleaner is safe for your type of wheels and always follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- When cleaning tires, all-purpose cleaners and degreasers designed for automotive use make excellent tire cleaners and are safe on almost all surfaces.
- Choose wheel brushes that are soft and will not mar the surface. Tire brushes should be firm and be easy to use on the sidewall of the tire.
- Auto detailing clay is designed to remove bonded contaminates such as pollution, brake dust, rail dust, tree sap, and tar, that embed themselves into the surface of the paint, leaving the surface gritty and rough.